What is a degree?
Many students want to study abroad and get a valuable degree certificate to prove their strength and gain an advantage in the job market, This article will tell you what a degree is and provide information to international students who wish to study in China.
What is the official definition of degree?
An academic degree is a qualification awarded to students upon successful completion of a course of study in higher education, normally at a college or university, These institutions commonly offer degrees at various levels, typically including bachelor's, master’s and doctorates, often alongside other academic certificates, and professional degrees, The most common undergraduate degree is the bachelor's degree, although in some countries lower qualifications are titled degrees (e. g. associate degrees in the US or foundation degrees in the UK) while in others a higher-level first degree is more usual.
Do a degree in China
If you want to study abroad and get a degree, China is the ideal place for you, There are many Chinese universities offering degree where international students can study with scholarships, The country not only has a thriving economy but also is at the forefront of many other revolutionary advances in science, mathematics, technology and global markets, If you plan to major in science, engineering, medicine or other technical fields, this is a good place to choose.
China's higher education system follows a pattern similar to the U. S, in that a bachelor's degree is needed before a student can pursue a master's, or postgraduate, degree, Earning a master degree in China requires two to three years of rigorous study, completion of written and oral examinations, a thesis and possibly a research project depending on the degree program, However, the Chinese academic calendar differs from western academic calendars because the two semesters--spring and fall--run from February to July and September to January, respectively, A few universities that have a student body largely made up of international students may postpone the beginning of fall semester to October to accommodate western academic schedules, especially universities specializing in engineering and business master's courses that are taught predominantly in English.
Notes on Earning a Degree in China
1. You need to know that China is a communist country, Its political, cultural and belief systems are very different from other countries in the world, China takes different approaches to media and social forms of expression and communication, so you need to figure out the differences before going there, Despite political and social differences, China is a country with rich history and culture,
2. When choosing a university with a degree in China, please pay special attention to the location, your expected major and financial status, The cost of living in some parts of China is higher than in other regions, Due to the high demand, the area as a prime location for students may be limited, Study all the options and keep in mind that as a foreigner who has not adapted to the area, you may be better living near the school.
What I should have if I want to do a degree in China?/Admission preparation
1. Anyone entering the Mainland of China and planning to remain for more than two days is expected to obtain a valid visa, Students will need to get an "X-visa" from the Chinese embassy if he or she are staying longer than six months.
Visa applications must be made in person to the Chinese Consulate-General's office in the country the student resides, Chinese authorities will not accept mailed-in applications or applications sent online.
Foreign students will have to provide a "Physical Examination Certificate for Foreign Citizen" before a visa application can be processed.
2. To apply to a master's program at a Chinese university, international students will need copies of:
their high school diploma or equivalent;
transcripts of courses previously taken;
GMAT or GRE scorecards if the application is intended to accommodate an MBA program;
Two letters of recommendation from instructors who taught the student at another university;
Personal statement or resume;
Proof of financial solvency;
A valid passport and three copies of a recent passport photograph.
How long to get a degree in China
The average time it takes for a person to earn a degree in China is two to three years, If you want to get a master or doctoral degree, you may need more time, Therefore, you will need to arrange to live there for a period of time in order to complete your studies, Before you start studying, you will need to apply for a visa and some formalities.
As the world's second-largest economy, students from all over the world choose to study at universities here, If you are interested in earning MBBS in China, you need to apply as early as possible, While applying to a Chinese university, don't forget to look for employment opportunities if you plan to work during your studies.
Why do a degree in China?
1. Affordable tuition and scholarships
2. Enhance your global experience
3. Improve your career prospects
4. Learn the Chinese language
5. Discover Chinese culture
6. Study at a university on the rise
7. Contemplate 4, 000 years of Chinese history
8. The government encourage international students to study in China
9. see and discover an Immense number of places
10. Challenge yourself and grow
Top Programs in China
Journalism and Mass Communication
China is the world’s third most popular destination (behind the US and UK) and a fast-growing destination for international education. If you want to go to the other place of the world and experience life from a new perspective, then you should consider attending a university in China. Find more information about doing a degree in China, you can contact us online on Scholarshipchina. com.