Are there advantages for a foreigner in studying PhD in China?Different opinions vary from person to person.
From a Mike's opinion:
Many schools in China will provide dormitory accommodation for doctoral students. The Chinese government will provide special scholarships for foreign students.
You can successfully obtain a PhD. in China, and you are not under the pressure of a Chinese doctoral tutor. Chinese tutors work closely with students and the relationship is very harmonious. You will often see your tutor. You can get good supervision and you won't be yelled. You don't have to be afraid of Chinese doctoral tutors.If you are from an English-speaking country, you are very advantageous. Chinese doctors have been working hard to learn English. You have a big advantage when you come here - you can write in the right English. You can exchange your writing, colleagues' daily goodwill and technical skills for a variety of things in the lab.
WHAT ARE THE SPECIFIC ADVANTAGES?
1. Chinese universities are increasingly respected, and the numbers included in the rankings of major universities around the world have risen significantly. According to the World University Rankings of Times Higher Education, there are 37 in the 2015-2016 school year, which exceeds the ranks of Canada or Australia. This is a testament to the continuous improvement of China's educational level. China is striving to build more world-class universities and invest heavily in higher education. In addition to China's unique Chinese, calligraphy, martial arts and other cultural subjects, engineering, science, medicine, economics and trade, MBA and finance, Chinese degree programs are highly regarded. For those who don't know Chinese, many universities offer degrees in English, so you can earn a degree while studying the world's most widely spoken languages.
2. The government is investing heavily in international students. Financial support is an important factor in determining the time to study abroad. The Chinese government is providing a wide range of funding opportunities for international students, including more than 40,000 scholarships from 277 institutions. Getting a PhD. can be a challenging but worthwhile opportunity to get extra education that will make you more competitive in the job market and more responsive to the changing socio-economic environment. Students from all over the world are seeking research and academic opportunities, and have achieved great success in chemistry, psychology and various humanities. Ultimately, those who decide to pursue a Ph.D. should have enough motivation to do long-term research projects. It is very cost-effective to study in China, which will reduce your costs.
3. According to the global language usage and population distribution, Chinese is the third most popular language in the world and can provide you with a good career development. China has been the fastest growing country in the world for the past 30 years. Even during the financial crisis, China’s economic growth remained at 8%, which is unimaginable in other countries. Fortune 500 companies are doing business in China, and many companies choose to have their Asia Pacific headquarters in China's bustling Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing cities. The current rise of China has made it very clear that people who speak Chinese and have first-hand experience in China will have a great advantage in employment. China is a huge market for multinational companies, and employers are clearly aware that for those who want to be the next generation of the world's leaders, a true understanding of China, Chinese culture and the Chinese people is a big advantage.
4. In daily life, international food is also widespread; the larger the city, the wider the variety. Japanese and Korean restaurants are particularly popular in China, as are Western fast food chains such as KFC and McDonald's. Vegetarianism is not common in China, but Buddhist restaurants do exist, and you can always find meat-free food on the Chinese menu. China's consumption level is low. China's daily necessities are very affordable. All universities have convenience stores inside or near where you can buy basic necessities. Most Chinese universities offer very good and comfortable dorms, especially for international students. Dormitories usually have private bathrooms in each room, TV, internet access, washing machine, refrigerator and even kitchenette.With a comprehensive modern transportation infrastructure, it is convenient and cheap to visit around China. All cities have bus and taxi services, and the big cities have modern subway systems. For long trips, each city can be reached by plane or train. China's high-speed railways have a top speed of more than 300 kilometers per hour and provide bed and catering services.
5. The sheer size of Chinese territory means that all kinds of climates, cultures and landscapes await. Go to the northeast of Harbin, enjoy the ice and snow festival, hit the ski trails, head south to the tropical beach paradise of Hainan Island, and then return to the sun. Chinese cities now have compelling modern architectural works: from towering skyscrapers to the Olympic Bird's Nest in Beijing, as well as impressive ancient cities such as the Great Wall and the Forbidden City. China’s 5,000-year history has left a seemingly endless tourist attraction, and the stunning natural wonders of the country are scattered throughout the country.
Welcome to study PhD in china,more advantages are waiting foe you. More details on Scholarshipchina.com.