There are many types of scholarships here in China. CSC, provincial scholarships, local governmental scholarships and university scholarships. The policies of different scholarships vary from each other.
Application difficulty: 1 - 10 (Easy to Difficult)
Application difficulty: 10
Generally speaking, CSC is the best scholarship in China, covering tuition fee, accommodation fee and monthly money for the whole duration. But it is extremely difficult to apply, due to seats limit, applicants' study, documents, university decision, and well, nationality.
- Provincial Scholarships
Application difficulty: 8
Provincial scholarships, similar to CSC, is a full scholarship for international students. Mostly, it will cover the first year's tuition fee and accommodation fee and living expenses. Application for the scholarships is easier than CSC application and different provinces have different standards.
- Local Government Scholarships
Application difficulty: 7
Most students don't know about this kind of scholarships. The coverage of such scholarships will be tuition fee and accommodation. Famous ones are Shanghai government scholarships, Beijing government scholarships.
- University Scholarships
Application difficulty: 5-9 (based on the scholarship coverage)
90% universities, not limited in China, will provide scholarships for their enrolled students. But, the universities will give scholarships according to the students' academic study. Besides, the it will take a university a long time to process self application students because they will put more attention to self financed students. (Advertisement time: iStudyEdu provides application for university scholarships, and we have good connections with lots of Chinese universities so we can get the admission notice within a month.)
- ISSP Scholarships
ISSP program is a special scholarship program developped by iStudyEdu. The main idea of this program is to get the school fees lower so as to make it financially easier for all international students to get a program to study in China. Till now, ISSP program covers over 100 Chinese universities and colleges, and provides over 3000 seats for students to study in China.
- Half a year partial tuition fee waiver
- One year tuition fee waiver and accommodation fee waiver
- One year tuition fee waiver
- One year tuition fee waiver and accommodation waiver
- One year tuition fee waiver and accommodation waiver and monthly money
- All duration partial tuition fee deduction (Only from iStudyEdu)
- All duration tuition fee waiver (Only from iStudyEdu)
- All duration tuition fee waiver and accommodation fee waiver (Only from iStudyEdu)
- All duration tuition fee waiver, accommodation fee waiver and monthly money
Application and Admission
The application will usually take two months. Normally the universities will issue the admission notice for the applicants (Advertisement time: iStudyEdu can get it within ONE month). With the JW202 form, students can apply for a student visa to study in China.
- Scanned copy of your passport
- Notarized highest diploma
- Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English)
- Two Recommendation Letters （master and PhD only）
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- Passport photos